Panoramic Parenzana Biking Tour
- What to see
- Parenzana biking pathway
Slovenian coast and its lush landscape
Visit of slovenian coastal towns
- Price From 75€ per person (special discount not included)
- When Everyday
- Duration 4:30h
- Difficulty Moderate
- Meeting point Exact location disclosed with the ticket purchase
- Weather The tour departs also in cloudy weather
- Shared/Private Shared
- Included Rental of the bicycle and helmet, english speaking guide, return transfer
- Min pax 4 persons
A day of biking around Slovenian coast should be on your list when visiting. Spending a carefree day with professional guides discovering the heritage behind this famous biking path. Your shore excursion starts at the pier, alongside your crusie ship and proceeds towards Portoroz, your final destination.
Parenzana is an old narrow gauge railway track, nowadays converted into a recreational pathway, connecting all four major towns on the Slovenian coast. Its stretch continues both ways, north towards Italy – Trieste and south to Porec/Parenzo – Croatia. In Slovenia it starts in Ankaran, proceeds to Koper, Izola, Strunjan, Portoroz and Secovlje, where it crosses the border to the Croatian side. Back in the days, Parenzana did connect 33 villages between Trieste and Parenzo. 33 (1902 – 1935) was also the number of years that the train proudly steamed on the narrow gauge railway. It is said that the speed was on average of 25 km/h, quite slow for nowadays. For the orientation, the whole travel from Trieste to Parenzo took seven hours. People did, at some point jump on and off the train to either ‘take’ the fruits from many orchards by the railway or simply go for the toilet. The whole route had 8 tunnels, which are preserved still today. In Slovenia you will cross two tunnels, one between Izola and Strunjan and the second one between Strunjan and Portoroz, called Valeta.
We will take you back to your starting point with an organized return transfer.
FEEDBACKS from the Guests on shore excursion:
- We had very kind, gracious and handsome guides. They were very professional and knowledgeable. Thank you!
- Cycle paths through farms and vineyards
- Cycling past the coastline &c trough the vineyards – just beautiful.
- I wish we had more excursions like this as was fun, exercise & we saw the lovely countryside with a bit of freedom.
Your request details
Ljubljana is a great little central European capital city with tradition, culture and atmosphere which has been described by many visitors as love at first glance. The Baroque old town center with (Read More…)
It all began in the 16th century at Lipica in today’s Slovenia, where Andalusian horses were crossed with local steeds, resulting in the gracious grey-white Lipizzan which is marveled world over. The Austro-Hungarian (Read More…)