- What to see
- Lake Bled and Bled Island
The Alps and the Vintgar Gorge
- Price From 75€ per person (special discount not included)
- When Everyday
- Duration 7:00h
- Difficulty Easy
- Meeting point Exact location disclosed with the ticket purchase
- Weather Departs in all weather conditions
- Shared/Private Private
- Included Transportation and English speaking driver
- Min pax 6 persons
Beyond the city of Ljubljana to the northwest lies a small but spectacularly beautiful lake right out of a Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale. A destination you will remember and cherish: in the heart of the Julian Alps in lush green landscape and ever-changing color of the water from emerald green to deep blue, you will enjoy an enchanting setting so inspiring that you will immediately want to turn your one day visit into a week-long stay. The ever-fresh Alpine air with the scent of linden oak and spruce trees will give you light feet when walking around the lake.
During your visit you are free to use the transportation for a transfer either to the pletna (wooden boat) embarkation point, before sailing to the Bled Island (90 minutes). The medieval Bed Castle (60 minutes) is also a site worth visitng as well as the Vintgar Gorge (2 hours) if you are in active mood.
The waters are full of trout, pike, carp and catfish. Along the shore of the lake you will see a maze of various colorful wild ducks, swans and birds. And there is no traffic in the vicinity, just the simple quietness of the lake for a stroll along the shore paths with benches to sit down and enjoy a short tranquil rest. Nice and quiet cafés offer the kremna rezina, a cake of vanilla custard and cream, so fresh, so tasty, a specialty of Bled to remember. The visit to Lake Bled will remain an inspiring day in your life.
FEEDBACKS from guests on shore excursion:
- Rowing across Lake Bled & magnificent scenery
- The beauty of the Lake and surrounding area
- My friend and I were pleasantly surprised how beautiful Slovenia was. An excellent tour with a very attentive guide.
- Lake Bled and the boat journey
- The magnificence of Lake Bled
- Lake Bled and Castle were beautiful – the views from the Castle in particular were absolute great!
- Vintgar gorge hike was so nice, with the emerald green water around us. Loved it.
Your request details
Ljubljana is a great little central European capital city with tradition, culture and atmosphere which has been described by many visitors as love at first glance. The Baroque old town center with (Read More…)
It all began in the 16th century at Lipica in today’s Slovenia, where Andalusian horses were crossed with local steeds, resulting in the gracious grey-white Lipizzan which is marveled world over. The Austro-Hungarian (Read More…)