Biking Tour On The Trail Of Local Produce
- What to see
- Expirance the Regional Park of Strunjan
Beautiful Fisherman's Village of Izola
tatsing of local delicacies
- Price From 50 € per person (special discount not included)
- When All year around
- Duration Half day, up to 6 hours
- Difficulty Moderate
- Meeting point Portoroz - Exact location disclosed with the ticket purchase
- Weather Departs in all weather conditions exept heavy storm
- Shared/Private Shared or Private, please send us your request
- Included Bike rental, helmet, 0,5l water, professional guide, tastings, return transfer
- Min pax 15 people
The half day biking journey will be in the sign of local produce cultivated on the Slovenian coast. The first stop on the itinerary will highlight the salt fields. Here you will learn about the heritage of the importance of the salt for the region and its production.
Next stop will be the beautiful regional park of Strunjan. Strunjan is know of organizing twice a year the festival of persimmon and artichokes. In Strunjan you will be able to taste some of the local produce related to the season. Easy biking around the salt fields will fill you with the energy needed before embarking back onto the Parenzana trail all the way to Izola. Izola has a strong fishermen’s soul, with a walk around the town, you will feel the atmosphere and be ready for sampling some traditional seafood nibbles. Final stretch of the journey will be the route from Izola to Koper, along the sea you will reach the biggest coastal town. After the visit the city, the tour will finish.
The end of the tour will be the transfer back to your starting point with a vehicle.
Your request details
It all began in the 16th century at Lipica in today’s Slovenia, where Andalusian horses were crossed with local steeds, resulting in the gracious grey-white Lipizzan which is marveled world over. The Austro-Hungarian (Read More…)