Koper Shore Excursions
Private Tour from Koper, Slovenia
- 8 hours
- from 580 EUR per vehicle
Choose one of our suggestion of the tour itineraries for the day in Koper, Slovenia.
The demand for private tours in Slovenia during a cruise call is increasing as people want to discover the country at their own pace. Our private tours are aimed at those who want something special and personal without rushing or being transferred from place to place in a large group. People who are visiting Slovenia on a cruise and have little time for the destination will greatly benefit from our private tours, which can be adapted to the time available and provide a great opportunity to get the most out of Slovenia.
When you leave the terminal building, you will find the stand of the meeting point on the left side under a green umbrella. Please meet the representative there, to whom you must present your booking confirmation for the ticket exchange. You will then go to your veichle for the day.
Discuss your itinerary for the day with the Gudie/driver. Depending on the time in the harbor you have several options. Some of the suggested itineraries may be:
- Ljubljana and Lake Bled: if you have a longer stay in the port of Koper or Piran, you can easily book the Customized Tour and enjoy the 9-hour service. it will give you the opportunity to spend more time in Lake Bled and around Ljubljana Maybe you enjoy a visit to the attraction or enjoy a traditional Slovenian lunch. Sometimes guests decide to visit the natural attractions, either to walk along the Vintgar Gorge or enjoy the sail to the island on Lake Bled. You can immerse yourself in the old streets of Ljubljana and many different souvenir shops or have a drink on the riverbank.
- The city of Ljubljana and Postojna Cave: a perfect combination for the more adventurous traveler. You will first make a stop in the capital, where you can explore the city with the visit to the Ljubljana Castle in your free time and perhaps try some Slovenian food before continuing on to Postojna Cave Ljubljana. Once there, you buy your tickets on your own and set off on your guided tour. The interior tour will take about ninety minutes. The return trip to the port will take another hour.
- Postojna and Predjama Castle: if you are planning a day full of fairytales, stories and medieval heriatages, this is the tour. You can easily spend your day exploring the Predjama Castle home of a brave knight named Erazem. You are free to visit the castle from the inside. It will leave you with a feeling of bravery that was present in the everyday life of the knight. The Postojna Cave tour lasts ninety minutes. As soon as you enter the cave you can join guides in different languages, e.g.: English, Italian, German for other languages you can book the audio guides, which are available in 27 other languages. Your trip can be enriched with a stop at a local winery, a tourist farm or even a ride through the Lipica Horse Ranch cave.
- Slovenian coast: To plan your day with a relaxed schedule, you can make Slovenian Coast a round trip. We always like to promote the local region near Koper, which is known for its Mediterranean lifestyle and offers beautiful coastal towns that are worth visiting. You can easily spend two hours in Izola, observe the local village life and continue to Piran, where the Venetian Heriatge will impress you with its complexity. If you decide to spend your day with an easy tour, you will have enough time to enjoy a fresh seafood lunch in the area. Your tour guide can help you with some local tips on where to go. The second part of the trip can begin with a visit to the coastal area where local olive mills and wineries offer tasting sessions. All destinations are unique and you will get to know Slovenia with a visit that suits your interests.
- Lipizzaner horses and the Skocjan Caves: Another active option is a visit to the cultural UNESCO heritage – Skocjan Caves, intense in the walk along the cave, but hypnotic in its naturally preserved beauty. The visit inside the cave lasts about two hours, during which time you must actively walk around. At the end of the tour you can take a panoramic tour of the Karst area known as the land of ham and wine. Lipizzaner Horses Ranch is the second part of the tour, where you can decide whether you want to visit the inside of the cave or just enjoy a ride through the cave.
Please let us know the destinations when you meet the representative so that we can check the duration and complete the daily program. You are free to choose your own destination, the above selection is only a suggestion for the day.
Upon visiting the sites at your own choice, you will make your way back to the Port of Koper.
Please use UNIT (1 unit for 8pax) and value and not number of people.
Our team will work with you on the suitable timing and booking of additional entrances if needed. The tickets are not included in the rate now. If you wish to plan before hand we can add them to your booking.
Book one of the itineraries, which we propose as it makes the whole tour planning process easier. We can of course shape it according to your needs and wishes once the tour is confirmed.
All tours run with and English speaking driver and multiple languages are available upon prior notice. We can provide German speaking, Spanish speaking and Italian speaking driver/guides.
The vehicles we use are mostly van with 6 seats.